Professional Indemnity and Medical Malpractice Insurance Scheme
A brief synopsis of the salient points of cover
Sheridan Insurances have been involved in providing Professional indemnity solutions for those involved in Complementary Therapies for over 10 years. The Scheme has been developed to provide a wider form of cover than is generally available in the insurance market and offers unrivalled protection for your therapeutic or consulting work.
Our experience and commitment to this area has also allowed us to develop a loyalty scheme for clients, who can avail of reduced rates on household and motor insurance and a comprehensive health insurance review.
The Scheme is placed with Zurich Insurance Ltd and a brief synopsis of the salient points of cover, is outlined below:
- The cover is fully retroactive thereby providing cover for previous work insured.
- The cover applies to therapies performed by the insured therapist both in their own practice or working as an employee of another practice.
- The limit of indemnity of €4M applies on an each and every claim basis, with legal defence cost being paid in addition to the limit of indemnity.
- Public and Products Liability cover with a limit of indemnity of €4M is also provided with the latter being provided on an aggregate basis. (in respect of non-clients the products liability cover applies when annual sales do not exceed €35,000).
- The policy applies on a “Claims Occurred” basis and therefore run-off cover will be provided free of charge, when required.
- The limit of indemnity will be retroactively increased to the current level to protect against the risk of under insurance.
- Loss of reputation expenses are included up to an inner limit of €35,000.
- Loss of Documents cover is included up to €70,000.
- Legal Defence costs are provided in respect of criminal proceedings arising from breaches of the Safety Health & Welfare at Work legislation.
- A separate Legal Expenses cover underwritten by DAS, with a limit of €150,000, is provided.
For more information, please visit www.sheridaninsurances.com